Welcome to the Fool, Fool!
That line greated me on my First Day at the Motley Fool. I was nervous, excited, and still reeling from the grueling interview process. The Motley Fool takes hiring seriously, and soon I would find out why. The first stop upon arriving at FoolHQ was the conference room for orientation; with plenty of stuff to read:
We were given lots of Swag, including a bag that my fiance immediately confiscated:
After the orientation, we were let loose (to go meet our team, presumably — I was focused on the Game room, personally). Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by the following sight:
- (2) 23″ ViewSonic VG2427wm monitors
- 2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
- Microsoft Natural Keyboard
- Rubber Ducky, for when I need to talk to myself
- Amazon Ninja from Stack Overflow DevDays DC
- My most referenced books
- My Programming Journal
- Scrum boards litter the background
All in all, they fulfilled my expectations, in all but the chair, but even that would receive an upgrade later on, courtesy of Foolish benefits.
One thought on “Welcome to the Fool”