Welcome to the Fool, Fool!
That line greated me on my First Day at the Motley Fool. I was nervous, excited, and still reeling from the grueling interview process. The Motley Fool takes hiring seriously, and soon I would find out why. The first stop upon arriving at FoolHQ was the conference room for orientation; with plenty of stuff to read:
We were given lots of Swag, including a bag that my fiance immediately confiscated:
After the orientation, we were let loose (to go meet our team, presumably — I was focused on the Game room, personally). Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by the following sight:
- (2) 23″ ViewSonic VG2427wm monitors
- 2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
- Microsoft Natural Keyboard
- Rubber Ducky, for when I need to talk to myself
- Amazon Ninja from Stack Overflow DevDays DC
- My most referenced books
- My Programming Journal
- Scrum boards litter the background
All in all, they fulfilled my expectations, in all but the chair, but even that would receive an upgrade later on, courtesy of Foolish benefits.