I’ve spent most of my professional career wandering aimlessly; working on whatever excited me, going from point A to point B, but never actually planning out my path. I’ve always been a “Yea,-that-sounds-good-and-go” sort of developer.
I’m not at a point where I can do that anymore. I could coast if I wanted to — but I don’t. I want to double down and be the best I can be.
They say that up until 30, you make your habits; after 30, your habits make you. I’m challenging that.
To that end, here are my Level 1 Goals:
- Finally launch Stack Stats (seriously, I mean it this time)
- Give a User Group Talk on SQL Server Disaster Recovery in AWS
- Give a User Group Talk on ASP.NET vNext
- Give 3+ Dev talks at work
- Complete and Launch my first IoT project
- Blog (at least) once a Week for 52 weeks
- Get back down to 160 Lbs (179, currently) and stay there.