There are lots of ways to deliver software faster that have nothing to do with the skill of your software team. Here are five:
1. Tighten and clarify the vision
2. Choose well trodden, simple technologies (No one went broke choosing IBM*)
3. Remove the number of people involved in making a decision
4. Build the software to be disposable (no future proofing allowed)
5. Tighten execution focus to one thing at a time (no context switching)
*Switch this to your favorite well-trodden stack if you’re a programmer: Ruby on Rails, .NET, J2EE, Django. This is also known as the “You don’t need Cassandra” rule.